Why Should I buy Xtreamer and not an Asus O|Play ?
The Answer of this question should be answered by the clients not by us.
Here are some points that will serve you as food for thought.
(1) The Xtreamer is backed up by Mvix - Unicorn which is one of the most expreinced manufacturers in the industry of media players and streamer devices.
(2) The Xtreamer is based on the more advanced chipset 1283(x) while the Asus device is based on the 1073 - which has a limited memory capcity, limited memory bandwidth and limited support for DTV signal and content.
(3) The Xtreamer has NAS functionality with free DDnS service included. You will be able to access your Xtreamer device from the interent by simply typing in your name.xtreamer.net, thus allowing to copy read or streams files from and to it.
(4) The Xtreamer will be community oriented and will actively seek the close realtionship with the community in very impressive backup of knowldgebase and forum in 23 languages.
(5) The Xtreamer will always doom to be cheaper as it will not invlolve third party handling charges (of retailers) that will bring up the price.
(6) The Xtreamer has the option to be used as an external HDD 2.5" enclosure, an option that is not availabe in the Asus nor in the current model of WDTV.
(7) The Xtreamer device was designed to be a media streamer over wired/wireless lan. For this purpose special powerfull and unique USB WIFI Antenna of 802.11n antenna was developed and optimized for it. This antenna will allow you enjoy the 802.11n standard without going and buying a new router of 802.11n. Simply use 2 antennas, one in your pc and one in your Xtreamer and create yourself a dedicated wireless network only for the purpose of serving your media in your premises. This option is not available in any other product in the market as of these days.
(8) The Xtreamer is doing every thing that the Asus or the WDTV is doing but better and cheaper.
(9) The amount of time and work invested in the xtreamer resulted in greater user expreince than the asus who has a very limited GUI and OSD.
(10) The Xtreamer is a unit that will evolve based on its open platform and sourcecode.
(11) The Xtreamer Supports more languages files and full OSD and GUI than the Asus.
Good luck to us all.
We do believe there is enough room for every pocket and taste and that we will never be able to please all.
for the amount of €99 we aim to deliver a solid, capable, easy and ultra portable machine that can play your files without much headache or hastle.
It is not a device in the NMT segment of market. The Xtreamer will do all what you can expect a good media streamer to do, play your files and be able to brag on your collection.
No related articles were found.
No attachments were found.
9th of June, 2009