Troubleshooting Windows XP/Vista/7/Server shares
This guide will help you to setup shares by editing your Windows registry.
Click the Windows "Start"
button in the lower left of your Desktop, and in the "start search"
area type "regedit" and press enter.
1. After a security prompt you should have the Registry Editor open.
2. Navigate to the following location in the registry editor.
1. On the right side Double Click on everyoneincludesanonymous and in the window that pops up, change the value data from a 0 value to a 1
2. Double Click on NoLmHash and in the window that pops up, change the Value Data from a 1 value to a 0
3. Navigate to the following location in the registry editor
1. Double Click on restrictnullsessaccess and change the 1 value to a 0
NOTE: There is no need to "save" these changes, as you make changes to the registry it is saved automatically.
2. Close the registry editor and restart the computer.
3. Once the PC restarts don't forget to update your available network
shares on your xtreamer by using your remote to navigate the onscreen
menu to Refresh, once Refresh is selected press enter. The Windows
Vista shares should show on the xtreamer with no problems.
For further information see this thread - http://forum.xtreamer.net/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=1313
No related articles were found.
No attachments were found.