Video Files tools for MacOS
The first tool is MakeMKV 1.4.8
Author site MakeMKV
Changelog MakeMKV (Changelog)
is your one-click solution to convert video that you own into free and
patents-unencumbered format that can be played everywhere. MakeMKV is a
format converter, otherwise called "transcoder". The only thing it does
(and does well) - it converts the video clips from proprietary (and
usually encrypted) disc into a set of MKV files, preserving most
information but not changing it in any way. The MKV format can store
multiple video/audio tracks with all meta-information and preserve
chapters. There are many players that can play MKV files nearly on all
platforms, and there are tools to convert MKV files to many formats,
including DVD and Blu-ray discs.
* Reads DVD and Blu-ray discs
* Ignores region restrictions
* Preserves all video and audio tracks
* Preserves chapters information
* Preserves all meta-information (track language, audio type)
* Fast conversion - converts as fast as your drive can read data.
* No additional software is required for conversion or decryption.
* Functionality to open DVD discs is free and willl always stay free.
* All features (including Blu-ray decryption and processing) are free during BETA.
The second tool is tsMuxeR 1.10.6
Author site tsMuxeR
Changelog tsMuxeR (Changelog)
This is a must have tool !
WARNING The version 1.10.6 of tsMuxeR does not work on MacOS 10.6 !!
Image resized to : 74 % of its original size [ 668 x 683 ]
tsMuxer is a Transport Stream muxer. Remux/mux elementary streams,
EVO/VOB/MPG, MKV/MKA, TS, M2TS to TS to M2TS. Supported video codecs
H.264, VC-1, MPEG2. Supported audio codecs AAC, AC3 / E-AC3(DD+), DTS/
DTS-HD. Ability to set muxing fps manually and automatically, Ability
to change level for H.264 streams, Ability to shift a sound tracks,
Ability to extract DTS core from DTS-HD, Ability to join files.
Output/Author to compliant Blu-ray Disc or AVCHD.
SmartLabs tsMuxeR is a freeware.
Supported incoming formats:
* Demux option.
* Microsoft VC-1;
* AC3 / E-AC3(DD+);
* Dolby True HD (for streams with AC3 core only);
* DTS/ DTS-HD;
Supported subtitle types:
* M2TS Presentation graphic stream.
* SRT text subtitles
Supported containers and formats:
* Elementary stream;
* Transport stream TS and M2TS;
* Program stream EVO/VOB/MPG;
* Matroska MKV/MKA;
* Automatic or manual fps adjustment while mixing;
* Level changing as well as SEI, SPS/PPS elements and NAL unit delimiter cycle insertion while mixing H.264;
* Audio tracks and subtitles time shifting;
* Ability to extract DTS core from DTS-HD;
* Ability to extract AC3 core from True-HD;
* Ability to join files;
* Ability to adjust fps for subtitles;
* Ability to convert LPCM streams into WAVE and vice versa;
* Track language information injection into blu-ray structure and TS header;
* Ability to cut source files;
* Ability to split output file;
* Ability to detect audio delay for TS/M2TS/MPG/VOB/EVO sources;
* Ability to remove pulldown info from stream;
* Ability to open Blu-ray playlist (MPLS) files;
* Ability to convert SRT subtitles to PGS;
* Tags for SRT subtitles support - tags for changing font, color, size, etc.; tag's syntax is similar to HTML;
* United cross-platform GUI - Windows, Linux, MacOS.
The next tool is HandBrake 0.9.3
Author site HandBrake
It´s also a must have tool !
Image resized to : 71 % of its original size [ 700 x 578 ]
is an open-source, GPL-licensed, multiplatform, multithreaded video
transcoder. Supported sources: Any DVD-like source: VIDEO_TS folder,
DVD image or real DVD, and some .VOB and .TS files, Most any multimedia
file it can get libavformat to read and libavcodec to decode. Outputs:
File format: MP4, MKV, AVI or OGM, Video: MPEG-4, H.264, or Theora (1
or 2 passes or constant quantizer/rate encoding), Audio: AAC, MP3,
Vorbis or AC-3 pass-through (supports encoding of several audio tracks)
* Any DVD-like source: VIDEO_TS folder, DVD image or real DVD
(unencrypted--protection methods including CSS are not supported
internally and must be handled externally with third-party software and
libraries), and some .VOB and .TS files
* Most any multimedia file it can get libavformat to read and libavcodec to decode.
* File format: MP4 and MKV
* Video: MPEG-4, H.264, or Theora (1 or 2 passes or constant quantizer/rate encoding)
* Audio: AAC, MP3, Vorbis or AC-3 and DTS pass-through (supports encoding of several audio tracks)
* Chapter selection
* Basic subtitle support (burned into the picture)
* Integrated bitrate calculator
* Picture deinterlacing, cropping and scaling
* Grayscale encoding
Another fine tool is MKVtoolnix 2.9.8
Author site MKVtoolnix
Changelog MKVtoolnix (Changelog)
Image resized to : 71 % of its original size [ 700 x 680 ]
is a set of tools to create, alter, split, join and inspect Matroska
files(mkv). Command line tools but mkvmerge GUI included
And one more thing ffmpegX 0.0.9y
Author site ffmpegX
It´s also a must have tool !
is a Mac OS X graphic user interface designed to easily operate more
than 20 powerful Unix open-source video and audio processing tools
including ffmpeg the "hyper fast video and audio encoder" ,mpeg2enc the open-source mpeg-2 encoder and multiplexer and memcoder the mpeg-4 encoder with subtitles support.
* As simple as 1.2.3 : Drop a file, choose a destination format, and click "Encode".
* Reads the following input formats: MPEG-1, MPEG-2, MPEG-4, DIVX,
XviD, non-encrypted VOB and VIDEO_TS, Quicktime .MOV, .DV, .WAV, Real
Audio, Real Video, H.263, MP4 H.264, PGM, YUV, PPM, AC3, PCM8/16 bits,
mulaw/Alaw, WMA-1/2, SUN AU format, MP2, MP3, AAC, 3GP, FPS1, ALAC, and
even more formats
* Converts the above formats to DivX, AVI XviD,
H.264 MP4, MOV, DV, 3GP, Sony PSP, MP2, MP3, AAC, AC3, MPEG-1, MPEG-2,
VCD, CVD, SVCD, KVCD, KSVCD, DVD, KDVD and MPEG-TS with complete
control over encoding options.
* Super-fast. Many conversions are faster than realtime. DIVX encoding on a G5 dual is twice as faster as realtime.
* Queue encodings in the ffmpegX Progress window.
* Includes a full-featured universal video player (mplayer) supporting
VOB and text subtitles, with choice of fonts, font sizes and
international text encodings including Japanese, Chinese, Russian,
Greek and more.
* Supports subtitles in VobSub, SubRip, MicroDVD, SubViewer, Sami, VPlayer, RT, SSA, AQTitle, JACOsub and MPsubt formats
* Allows creation of DVD selectable subtitles
* Includes a subtitle converter with OCR from VOB image format to SRT text format.
* Includes a bitrate calculator to control best image quality and target filesize.
* Includes an automatic crop tool.
* Includes a series of video tools like split, join, fix, mux, demux.
* Compresses a non-encrypted DVD to 4GB without reencoding it.
* Reauthors SVCD as DVD.
* Creates DVD image files from VIDEO_TS folders.
* Converts SRT subtitles to DVD Studio Pro 1.5 format.
* Creates AVI or MPG files with two audio tracks.
* Authors as VCD or K/XVCD (.bin/.cue files for burning with Toast by dropping the .bin into VCD window).
* Authors as SVCD, CVD or K/XSVCD (two .img files to be burned in Toast under Multitrack XA window).
* Authors as DVD (/DVD/ folder for burning in Toast DVD mode, and .img
file for burning in Disk Image app or Toast disk image mode).
Last but not least MediaInfo 0.7.17.6
Author site MediaInfo
It´s also a must have tool !
Image resized to : 95 % of its original size [ 524 x 824 ]
Info supplies technical and tag information about a video or audio
file. Supported formats: Video : MKV, OGM, MP4, AVI, MPG, VOB, MPEG1,
MPEG2, MPEG4, DVD, WMV, ASF, DivX, XviD, MOV (Quicktime), SWF(Flash),
FLV, FLI, RM/RMVB. Audio : OGG, MP3, WAV, RA, AC3, DTS, AAC, M4A, AU,
A great site about video and audio tools for Mac and howtos is Videohelp.com
No related articles were found.
No attachments were found.
18th of October, 2009