I. [Turn on your TV and Xtreamer. Enter Xtreamer menu:]
1. Setup > Application > FTP,WEB OFF/ON (switch it OFF, then turn it back ON) just to reset the settings.
2. Established Network Connection - Wired or Wireless.
II. [On Xtreamer web interface]
1. Open Xtreamer WEB interface through Web browser using your local network computer > navigate to your local Xtreamer IP (for example http://192.168.1.*:80 - default port 80)
If you haven't set password on your web access, Click Setup > Login
> Enable use login option, type in your [username], [password] >
3. Click Setup > DDNS > specify [your DDNS name].myxtreamer.net:80 > click REGISTER.
4. Click Setup > HTTP > set your http port [HTTP Port] mine set to default 80, Apply.
5. Click Setup > FTP > set your ftp port [FTP Port] mine set to default 21, Apply.
III. [On your router firewall/virtual server settings]
1. Enter your router settings to setup Port Forwarding or Virtual server.
2. Add two rules:
> Xtreamer FTP 192.168.1.100 [Xtreamer IP] Both 21/21 always
> Xtreamer HTTP 192.168.1.* [Xtreamer IP] TCP 80/80 always
IV. [Acessing your Xtreamer from the internet]
1. Turn on Xtreamer
From HTTP: open your web browser: http://[your DDNS
name].myxtreamer.net:80, enter your [password] n you're greeted with
Xtreamer web interface.
3. From FTP: using an FTP client: set
address to [your DDNS name].myxtreamer.net, Port to 21, set [username]
and [password] case sensitive.
1. Password / user name is denied while trying to access xtreamer from outside network:
- Try to set your [username] and [password] to all lowercase.
2. Unable to connect to 192.168.1.* (Xtreamer address):
You forgot to enable WEB interface / DHCP IP (AUTO) was selected on LAN
connection causing Xtreamer to change local IP (read I. 2)
3. How to access Xtreamer locally for trouble shooting purposes:
- From http, open your web browser and point to Http://192.168.1.*:80 (assuming default Xtreamer address).
- From ftp, open your filezilla/FTP client: set address to 192.168.1.*, Port 21, set [username] and [password] case sensitive.
4. When I point my web browser to open ftp://ftp.[your DDNS name].myxtreamer.net:21/ it failed.
- Do not use web browser to access the FTP, use FTP client such as Filezilla.
No related articles were found.
No attachments were found.
13th of January, 2010