How-to: Enable file sharing on Windows Vista?
DISCLAIMER: This article requires editing the registry and network settings. Editing the registry or network settings incorrectly can cause Windows systems to become unstable and unusable. Please follow the instructions below at your own risk. Xtreamer or its partners are not responsible for any damage caused by any article in this knowledgebase.
- Click the Windows "Start" button in the lower left of your Vista Desktop, and in the "start search" area type "regedit" and press enter.
After a security prompt you should have the Registry Editor open.
- Navigate to the following location in the registry editor.
- On the right side Double Click on everyoneincludesanonymous and in the window that pops up, change the value data from a 0 value to a 1
- Double Click on NoLmHash and in the window that pops up, change the Value Data from a 1 value to a 0
- Navigate to the following location in the registry editor
- Double Click on restrictnullsessaccess and change the 1 value to a 0
NOTE: There is no need to "save" these changes, as you make changes to the registry it is saved automatically.
- Close the registry editor and restart the computer.
- Once the PC restarts don't forget to update your available network shares on your MX-760HD/MX-780HD by using your remote to navigate the onscreen menu to Refresh, once Refresh is selected press enter. The Windows Vista shares should show on the Xtreamer with no problems.
Please also take a look at File Sharing Essentials for Windows Vista on Microsoft website.
No related articles were found.