Xtreamer Recovery Procedure
Please note: this guide can be used for all the Xtreamer models. Please make sure you use the right emergency procedure for your model.
The following is a structured list of steps you can take to solve various issues with your Xtreamer media player.
NOTE: You need a USB-stick to run the emergency firmware procedure. We recommend to use a stick no bigger then 2GB. Make sure the stick is formatted to FAT32.
1) Disconnect power cable from the Xtreamer for 30 minutes
2) Disconnect internal and external hard drives from the Xtreamer;
3) Disconnect all USB devices from the Xtreamer including WIFI antenna;
4) Disconnected HDMI cable from the Xtreamer;
5) Connect the Xtreamer to electricity but do not power it up.
6) Connect the player to your TV via the composite (red/white/yellow - RCA) cables;
7) Install the latest Xtreamer emergency procedure;
8) Turn off your Xtreamer and remove power cable. Leave the power off for 5 minutes;
9) Power up your player and reset the settings to factory default.
I. It might be necessary to run the procedure a couple of times and use an alternate USB stick
II. In some cases an NTFS formatted USB stick can unbrick your Xtreamer
All the Xtreamer downloads
Please be advised that every Xtreamer player has its own firmware files and emergency files. Make sure you download the right one or it will not install.
First generation (MK1, SideWinder, XtreamerPro, iXtreamer, XtreamerDVD) emergency procedure.
SideWinder 2 emergency procedure
Xtreamer Prodigy emergency procedure
SideWinder 3 emergency procedure
No related articles were found.
No attachments were found.
9th of April, 2012