Here is a teaser on what to expect when PHP API
is finished. Apart from RSS GUI that exe
is making I will also release the new updated PHP APP Installer GUI. I am sure eTRAYz users remembers it.
Current change log compared to last version (2.05) that was written for eTRAYz only is:
- adapted to work with new APP Installer PHP API script
- added extended statistics information
- added Profile Editor to manage more then just one device
- updated the GUI images so they are not eTRAYz specific (thank you Art Director)
- updated the GUI update procedure so it uses only PHP specific functions
- removed all the eTRAYz specific code as it is no longer needed
- removed all the Linux shell execution commands as GUI can now also run on Windows
- GUI is now fully compatible with any webserver with PHP and SimpleXML module
So what exactly can it do? Biggest change is the usage of newly developed PHP API for APP Installer. The same API that RSS GUI will be using. Because of it we no longer need to have the GUI running on actual device. Right now I am developing this new PHP GUI on windows and with it, by using profiles, managing Prodigy and my eTRAYz at home over the API running on them. All you need is a webserver (Apache, Lighttpd, ...) with PHP and SimpleXML extension. It can also run on device itself (Prodigy or eTRAYz).
When? Soon. Polishing the last bugs. Also PHP API is still not finished. But to-do list for it is getting smaller and smaller.