There is a new capability within Firmware 3.5RC8 that allows the device to automatically play media once the unit has finished booting. This is a feature called "Autoplay".
Note - Do not confuse this with DVD-autoplay which is a long standing capability of the Xtreamer devices.
How to enable Autoplay?
- Go to System Services within setup menus
- Set "AutoPlay" to On
How to configure media to be played?
- Add folder called "autoplay" to any media directly attached to the device
- Add media to be played into the "autoplay" folder....the autoplay function will play any movie or music file (the device normally plays) but see notes.
Setup is now completed, power down your device and then power it back up...once the services have been started the device will automatically play the media in the autoplay folder.
- The folder name should be "autoplay" or "AutoPlay"
- AutoPlay feature does not work with photos or radio.pls files
- AutoPlay feature does work with movies in VOB format but will hang at the title menu like a normal DVD
- The contents of the autoplay folder are repeated until the stop button is pressed
- More than one media file can be in the autoplay folder, each file will be played automatically (but see next note)
- Autoplay only supports playback of one type of media format at a time, e.g. movies or music. The priority is movies over music. So if you have the two formats in the autoplay folder, the device will only the highest priority files but it will play all of the files of that type. If the folder contains no movies, the device will play the next priority e.g. music etc...
- If more than one autoplay folder is on media attached to the device it will only playback from one folder, for me it is the internal HDD